This visual test has two “main” procedual effects, the sin-deformer and the growing pattern. Done with Houdini, Redshift and Fusion. Scene: Deforming & Growing Setup Overview: The deforming VOP-SOP: The growing Part: volume & top-layer The point-wrangle SOP, polylines are rendered as strands in Redshift (Strip) 9 million points defining the polyline positions. Placed with
This setup creates a procedual dynamic system for a given tree-mesh with Houdini and Speedtree. The cool thing about SpeedTree, besides the generator itself, is that you can export any kind of step from the l-system with the relevant curves inclusive. Starting point: Setting some attributes/ids/groups also the wire-constrains, cache it and throw it into
The goal was to achieve a simple cloud setup with Houdini & Redshift, just with fractals and without simulations. To avoid one single huge VDB grid, i decided to pre-cache volume instances and scatter them back on geo. Down belowe i summarise some steps for my simple fluffy cloud setup. 1.Started with one single piece
RigidBody Sim. with 2700 Instances a 100k Polygons. SSS, DOF, MB – Redshift dont care. Highres Skull Collision Mesh (Quick&Dirty) Sim. Result Points for Instances (2700 Points)
Did some similar in Softimage ICE – years ago (ns_ThreadFromCurve). Here my Houdini version. Rendered in Redshift.
Tryin some stuff with the nice volumtrail-SOP and some curl-noises with SDF bounces. Rendered in Redshift.
After my last freelance job, with a lot of objects and materials, i decided to develope a Python/PyQT plugin to organize PuzzleMatte IDs in Softimage with Redshift. This can organize ObjectIDs (on meshes, pointclouds, groups), MaterialIDs and AOVs as well. This script works with Redshift v1.3.15 and above. This is not production approved. If you
I love motorsport and racing, particular the prototypes from 24h Le Mans and WEC. I always wanted to “design” a concept car with crazy and futuristic components, so this is my first result. A “belt drive” driven hybrid car. I used Softimage, Redshift, Mari and Nuke. Turntable: Some wires & states: UV´s
A tiny spare-time project with some strand and particle parts created mostly with ICE in Softimage. I rendered with Redshift and did some comp-work(glow!) in Fusion. Alien-Ivy setup: In sum: take the normals from the obstacle with some crossproducts and random values for the direction vector. In frequence, i add points to the position of
Softimage ICE Compound to generate spiderweb-“like” strandforms (non-simulated). ns_SpiderWeb.xsicompound (rendered with Redshift) (rendered with Arnold)